A student who has earned credits and wishes to have these credits transferred into Taylor College or have credits from a program transferred to another program within Taylor College must meet the criteria below. Taylor College reserves the right to accept or deny transferring of credit.
The School will count all transfer hours that apply toward the student's current program in determining Satisfactory Academic Progress. All transfer hours will be counted as both hours attempted and hours completed. The grade TR will be entered for all transfer credits and will not be reflected in the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Only grades earned at Taylor College will be calculated for CGPA.
- Students requesting transfer of credits must submit official transcript(s) from all previously attended institutions to the Admissions Department for review at least 10 days prior to the start of the program. The School reserves the right to review transcripts for late-enrolling students after the 10 days but prior to the start of the program.
- NO transfer credits will be awarded during active enrollment.
- Students wishing to repeat a course that has been qualified to transfer to Taylor College must complete a Transfer Waiver Form no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the course.
- Transferring of credits must have been earned from an accredited institution recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- No more than 50% of any program may be transferred into Taylor College.
- Any student who has completed general education courses can apply to transfer in the courses on a course by course basis. Students must have earned a "C" or higher in the course to be considered for transfer of credit. General education courses will be considered if they meet the areas in Mathematics, Social Science, and Communication; there is no age limit applied to these General Education courses.
- Science courses such as Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Introduction to Microbiology cannot be any older than 3 years and must have a B (80%) grade to transfer.
- Any humanities courses must be 100% equivalent to the course credit and course description for the following courses:
- PHI 2601 Critical Thinking
- PHI 2630 Introduction to Ethics
- There will be no transfer of subject area, humanities, in lieu of Critical Thinking or Introduction to Ethics.
- Taylor College will not accept any core nursing or PTA program courses.
- Taylor College does not accept any credits for experiential learning.
Taylor College recognizes the following college equivalencies:
- CLEP examinations administered by the College Board with a score of 50 (equivalent to a "C" grade) on an appropriated College-Level Examination Program, CLEP Examinations for any Nursing or Physical Therapist Assistant core courses will NOT be accepted.
- Advanced Placement (AP) examinations administered by The College Board; A score of 3 or higher is required. Applicable to General Education coursework only, i.e. English, Mathematics or Social Studies. Official transcripts must be received from Advance Placement.
- Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) examinations administered by Cambridge University. A score of A-E is required. Applicable to General Education coursework only.
- International Baccalaureate (IB); a score of 4 or higher is required. (Applicable to General Education coursework only.)
- Credit for successful completion of competency courses that have been approved by the American Council on Education (ACE). Does not include any core program courses.
- College credit for military service may be awarded upon review of a military transcript. Information on how to order military transcript can be found at: http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Transcripts-for-Military-Personnel.aspx
Credits requesting to be transferred in must at least be equal to those offered at Taylor College.
- Remedial courses will not be considered for transfer credit.
- Transcripts will be thoroughly evaluated by the Registrar or a Taylor College Administrator with the approval of the Program Director of the particular program in which the student is enrolling.
- Students will receive notification regarding the transfer credit evaluation.
- Courses accepted for transfer credit will be noted on the Official Transcript from Taylor College as TR.
Appeal Process for Transferring of Credits
- Students wishing you appeal transfer credit decisions must complete an appeal form. The following supplemental information must be attached with the appeal form and submitted within 5 days of the original transfer of credit evaluation:
- Course syllabus
- Course objectives
- Course description
- Course textbooks and required materials
- Other relevant information
- The information for appeals will be reviewed by the President, Program Director and/or along with an appropriate faculty member.
The student will receive in writing the outcome, and all decisions will be final.