Nursing Assistant Exam Prep Course
Clicking the “Get Info Now” button constitutes your express written consent to be called, emailed, and/or texted by Taylor College at the number(s) you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand that these calls and texts may be generated using an automated technology. To stop texting, reply STOP to unsubscribe. Reply START to resubscribe.
Total Course Length: 5 Weeks
Delivery Method: Hybrid*
*The Nursing Assistant course is designed as a hybrid blended course with students working online in addition to attending lab classes on Tuesdays at 9 AM. The Final Exam is on the last day of the course only on campus.
The purpose of this course is to orient and prepare individuals with the information and skills needed to pass the Florida Board of Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistant Exam (CNA). The course content includes responsibilities designed to provide basic administrative and clinical competency, combined with background knowledge of anatomy and physiology in the health care system, along with communication skills, and the legal and ethical issues that a nursing assistant may face. There will also be safety measures, emergencies, disease, and wellness in the discussions. Infection control procedures are covered, including blood borne diseases including HIV, AIDS. Upon successful completion of this course, a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
- Discuss the role and scope of practice for a nursing assistant
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and use inter-personal skills effectively.
- Distinguish between factual reports and personal opinions.
- Explain the patients’ “Bill of Rights.”
- Describe a Code of Ethics consistent with the health care occupation.
- Discuss the importance of maintaining confidentiality of information, including computer information.
- Discuss legal guidelines for charting
- Recognize and report illegal and unethical practices of health care workers.
- Recognize and report abuse and neglect.
- Recognize sexual harassment and domestic violence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the health care delivery system and health occupations.
- Recognize and practice safety and security measures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply wellness and disease concepts.
- Recognize and respond to emergency situations.
- Recognize and practice infection control procedures.
- Make estimates and approximations
- Convert from regular to 24-hour time.
*Fee Does NOT Include: Background check or State Exam enrollment ($160).
Books are included in the tuition cost and will be received on the first day of class.
Course Registration Information
All applicants must schedule an appointment with an Admissions Representative to complete the enrollment process. Items due by the time of enrollment include:
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License (Must be 18 years of age)
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
Upon successful completion of this course, individuals will have the opportunity to apply for the Nursing Assistant Competency exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant is conducted by Prometric. Prometric will ask you if you have a High School Diploma. The Florida Board of Nursing states “Has a high school diploma, or its equivalent; or Is at least 18 years of age” in section 2 of their CNA requirements at https://floridasnursing.gov/licensing/certified-nursing-assistant-examination/. An application and exam fee must be submitted by the individual to Prometric prior to receiving an exam date. For more information please visit www.prometric.com.
Taylor College’s exam prep courses are designed to prepare individuals for professional opportunities and advancement in their current field of study or area of employment. Individuals receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty in both practice and theory, all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.
Exam prep courses are excluded from accreditation with the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), and licensing from the Commission for Independent Education, CIE.
Exam Prep Courses
Taylor College’s exam prep Courses are offered at various times throughout the year. Any individual wishing to apply for an upcoming exam prep course, please call 352-245-4119 and request to speak to a School Representative.